- What are Cookies
- What types of cookies do we use?
- Google Analytics
- How long we keep your data?
- With whom is the information shared?
- Changing your Cookie setting
What are Cookies?
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information that a website saves on your computer or mobile device when you visit the site. It enables the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login details, language, font size and other display preferences), as well as saving information about your computer (such as IP address, geographic area and browser type).
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that. However, you may not be able to take full advantage of a website if you do so. Cookies are specific to the server that created them and cannot be accessed by other servers, which means they cannot be used to track your movements around the web. Although they do identify a user's computer, cookies do not personally identify customers or passwords.
- To identify who you are and to access your account information;
- To estimate our visitors size and patterns;
- To ensure that you are not asked to register twice;
- To control how often visitors, see similar ads;
- To track preferences and to improve and update our website; and
- To track the progress and number of entries in some of our promotions and contests.
What types of cookies do we use?
We want you to understand the different types of cookies that are used on our website. We use a variety of types of cookies for the following purposes:
- Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
- Performance cookies: these cookies allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies: these cookies enable the website to save information which has already been entered (such as usernames, languages choices, and your location), so that it can offer you improved and more personalized functions.
- Targeting and marketing cookies: these cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose, so that when you are on another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website. We may also show you advertising on our website based on your browsing patterns on other websites that we have obtained from our advertising partners.
We use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (‘Google’). Google Analytics generates statistical and other information about website use by means of cookies, which are stored on users’ computers. The information generated relating to our website is used to create reports about the use of the website. To learn more about how Google Analytics collects and processes data, please visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners
How long we keep your data?
Intellian Technologies places a great importance on the security of all information associated with our customers. We have security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of customer data under our control. For example, our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorized personnel have access to user information. While we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of data will not occur, we use our best efforts to prevent this.
With whom is the information shared?
Intellian Technologies will not share, sell or rent your personal information to third parties. However, we may disclose your personal information to third party suppliers who provide services on our behalf. Intellian Technologies may disclose aggregate statistics about our website visitors and customers of our telephone services in order to describe our services to prospective partners, and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will not include personally identifying information.
Intellian Technologies may disclose personal information if required to do so by law or if it believes that such action is necessary to protect and defend the rights, property or personal safety of Intellian Technologies and its websites, visitors to the websites and customers of our Services. Our website contains links to the sites of third parties. When you visit these sites, we suggest that you read their privacy policies. Intellian Technologies is not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of such sites.
Except as specified above, Intellian Technologies will only share your personal information with third parties if:
- Intellian Technologies has your consent;
- Intellian Technologies determines that it is required to do so by law;
- Intellian Technologies finds that you are in breach of its terms and conditions or any of its policies or usage guidelines for specific products or services;
- it is necessary to do so to prevent, investigate, detect or prosecute criminal offences or attacks on the technical integrity of Intellian Technologies’ site(s) or its network;
- it is necessary in to do so to protect the rights, property, or safety of Intellian Technologies or its employees, the users of its website(s), or the public; or
- it is necessary to fulfill your product or service order.
Changing your cookie settings
You can control and/or delete cookies as you wish – for details, see www.allaboutcookies.org. You can delete all cookies that are already on your computer and you can set most browsers to prevent them from being placed. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some services and functionalities may not work.
Changes and updates
Last Updated: 15th September 2020